Music Time Data
Music Time is built on top of Code Time and collects additional data from Spotify to help you find the most productive music for coding.
Music Time will ask for the following Spotify permissions:
- View your Spotify account data. We use this information to create your profile on Software.
- View your activity on Spotify. We use this information to provide better music recommendations based on your listening history and playlists.
- Take actions in Spotify on your behalf. This enables us to control your Spotify player, create custom playlists, and let you add or remove songs from your playlists.
When you connect Spotify, we see your:
- Email address
- Basic profile information (e.g. name)
As you listen to music while coding, we collect data including:
- Song play start and end time
- Song metadata (e.g. song name, artist)
Music Time extensions are open source and viewable on GitHub, if you are interested in exploring our codebase.